[opensuse] Manual Xorg configuration help on 12.2
I am trying to use an LG TV as my monitor in an HTC env. The PC used is an Intel based PC with DVI, HDMI, and some other video port I'm not familiar with. In any case, this particular TV is NOT providing its EDID information to the PC. At least that is what the kernel people are telling me. I have obtained the EDID information from the service manual and have a binary blob that contains it. Using the parse-edid pgm in the read-edid package (Not SuSE provided) I have the info.

markh@harley:/local/dnld/import/inst/read-edid-2.0.0> ./parse-edid /lib/firmware/edid/lg42lb9df_dvi.bin
./parse-edid: parse-edid version 2.0.0
./parse-edid: EDID checksum passed.

# EDID version 1 revision 3
Section "Monitor"
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
Identifier "LG TV"
VendorName "GSM"
ModelName "LG TV"
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
HorizSync 31-68
VertRefresh 56-75
# Max dot clock (video bandwidth) 150 MHz
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
# DPMS capabilities: Active off:no Suspend:no Standby:no

Mode "1920x1080" # vfreq 60.000Hz, hfreq 67.500kHz
DotClock 148.500000
HTimings 1920 2008 2052 2200
VTimings 1080 1084 1089 1125
Flags "+HSync" "+VSync"
EndMode
Mode "1360x768" # vfreq 60.015Hz, hfreq 47.712kHz
DotClock 85.500000
HTimings 1360 1424 1536 1792
VTimings 768 771 777 795
Flags "+HSync" "+VSync"
EndMode
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
EndSection

As you can see it provides what looks like xorg.conf or XF86Config file entries from this binary edid file. Can some one point me as to how to provide this information to Xorg via the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory so I can force X to use it?

It looks like I need to modify the 50-monitor.conf, 50-screen.conf, and maybe 50-device.conf files but I don't know the proper syntax for adding this info to these empty files.

Is X still manually configurable using these files?

I know about the kernels drm_kms_helper module but it is borked with this particular hardware.

Thanks in advance
Mark