Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to change the bootloader and loginscreen background?
Op 22-10-12 06:29, Rajko schreef:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:22:22 +0200
Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx> wrote:
only very simple images can be used here, that is correct..
With plymouth it is not the case :)
Problem is that plymouth is not simple, so there is a lot to learn
before I can tell how to change image, or script (moving lights are
produced by script), or anything else.

I got used to it, but now i am not longer wanting to stay used at
it, ;-)
I changed it, and will try to find out how :)
Most likely installing branding upstream package to get KDE artwork.

Look at 'zypper se branding" .
That should give you list of packages that have branding in the name.

.... i have installed 12.2 just now...
Had to throw away old user /home...12.1 residue and settings obsolete, and made system react as vista: big and sluggish...
now with new /home: nice, clean, and snappy.. ;-)
Video drivers have been improved much: fonts are more readable than ever!
acpi works also good.

Grub2 looks and feels different, moving lights are attractive... i will stay with it 4 a while...

and than I will find out if the KDM configuration works here on 12.2

Kind Regards...

--

Have a nice day,
Oddball.