Re: [opensuse] multiboot 12.2 & W7
  • From: Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 18:01:00 -0500
On 10/21/2012 05:30 PM, James Knott wrote:
Dennis Gallien wrote:
If that recovery can't be used, only a retail copy of the
OS will work.

The recovery discs can start from a completely blank drive. Otherwise you couldn't replace the drive. The computer should have a utility for creating a set of recovery DVDs and a set may also be available on request from the manufacturer. I got a set for my ThinkPad and a friend got a set, after her disk died.

Plus, if it's like Sony Viao's Recovery CD's, (4 CD's) they will ALSO load a bunch of CRAP software that you probably don't need - and - there was NO WAY to stop it. You just HAD to go back and delete them later.

Speaking from experience (my brother-in-law's before he migrated to Linux) -
SIX times rebuild.

Beware,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding