Re: [opensuse] Laptop & dockingstation with second monitor
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:14:23 +0200
Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So how can I set up that when I use my laptop "standalone" I use my
laptop-display ? And when I dock my laptop I use my stand-alone display.
In both situations using the native lcd-resolution.

I use the following script. When I dock, I run 'dtop work'.
Before I undock, I run 'dtop leave'.

I recently modified it to turn off the second display during leave.

You'll have to modify the script to specify where your second monitor is
attached. You can find this info out with 'xrandr -q'.

#!/bin/bash

case $1 in
reset) xrandr --output DP-2 --off ; xrandr --output DP-2 --auto ;;
work)
xrandr --output LVDS-1 --auto
xrandr --output DP-2 --auto
xrandr --output DP-2 --primary --output LVDS-1 --right-of DP-2
;;
proj) xrandr --output LVDS-1 --primary --output VGA-0 --right-of LVDS-1 ;;
leave)
xrandr --output LVDS-1 --primary --output DP-2 --off
xrandr --fb 1600x900
;;
*) echo "usage [reset|work|leave]" ;;
esac