Re: [opensuse] switching kernels in grub2
On 10/19/2012 02:29 PM, lynn wrote:
Hi everyone

I needed to test some cifs stuff so I installed a client with the 3.6 kernel from factory using a Yast ymp.

Is it possible to have a choice of kernels at boot like we had with the 12.1 grub? If not, how can I switch back to 3.4?

Thanks,
L x

yes : one can have a choice of kernels :

Mr Jiri Slaby on 'factory' <jslaby@xxxxxxx> kindly mentioned :

"you may uncomment "multiversion = provides:multiversion(kernel)" in
/etc/zypp/zypp.conf and then choose in yast to install another kernel."

- think you can find the kernel rpm you want at :

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.2/repo/oss/suse/i686/

{ like kernel-desktop-3.4.6-2.10.1.i686.rpm etc }

best regards
Ellan