Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
On 10/18/2012 08:24 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-10-19 05:05, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012-10-18 22:51 (GMT-0400) Bob S composed:

it didn't work. The xhost command said it was adding to the list.
OK, I think. Then the ssh -X command replies connect to port 22.
connection refused. Same result as user or root. Something else
afoot I guess.

sshd is not enabled by default. As root do 'chkconfig sshd on;
rcsshd start', then try again.

Better use yast, the firewall has to be opened as well, ssh port is
closed by default.

I may be second-guessing the OP here but I suspect that in order to
use Yast, a screen reader will be required. If the firewall set up
can be done at all on the command line then that would probably be
most helpful. And since I'm not up to speed on SuSEfirewall2 (I prefer
the elegant and versatile command line), that would have to be left to
someone else (other than me).

There are few dilemmas quite like needing a screen reader to use a GUI
interface to set up the screen reader to make it possible to use the
GUI interface to set up the screen reader.

jd