Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [10-18-12 13:19]:
On Wednesday 17 October 2012 18:41:00 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [10-17-12 17:58]:
jovie(5186): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server:
"Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

probably relates to the same d-bus problem described for virtualbox and
can be by-passed via:

xhost + local:
ssh -X $USER@localhost
export DISPLAY=:0
jovie

but you will have to try as I do not have jovie installed and am not
running 12.2 (T'weed).

Yes, I would like to try, but I have no idea of what to do with the command
that you have quoted me above. Please excuse my ignorance. Hopefully I will
be able to figure it out.

open a window, xterm/konsole/..., and line by line type following
(exactly as shown):

xhost + local:
ssh -X $USER@localhost
export DISPLAY=:0
jovie

after each line, bash will return you to the prompt for the next line.
After the "ssh -X .." line you will be asked for YOUR password, type your
password and <enter>.

after the "jovie" line and a short delay, jovie *should* start.

not very difficult.

if that does work, you can simplify this as an alias:

alias joviex='xhost + local: && ssh -X $USER@localhost "export DISPLAY=:0 &&
jovie"'

that is *all* on one line
then joviex will do the entire thing for you but you *should* try it in
the line-by-line mode first as a test.

to add it to your .alias file so it will be available always:
(all one line)

echo "alias joliex='xhost + local: && ssh -X $USER@localhost \"export
DISPLAY=:0 && jolie\"' >> ~/.alias

Please let us know if it works.