Re: [opensuse] Re: Problems with 12.2
On 10/18/2012 09:28 AM, Malcolm wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:14:51 -0700
Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/18/2012 03:52 AM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found
boot:

Also, I was getting this same error on the KDE Live CD boot
Hi Duaine,

You mentioned that your DVD drive is working. Did you try
booting with your old 12.1 DVD? I've seen DVD drives fail
in mysterious ways. If 12.1 also fails to boot maybe it's time
to spring for a new drive?

Also, how did you burn the 12.2 DVD? Did you use k3b and
select the "verify" option?

You've got an interesting issue there if 12.1 boots, but 12.2
with a good MD5 hash and DVD doesn't.

Regards,
Lew

Hi
Don't forget different (aka cruddy) media quality and burn speed....

Same parameters and media that I used for 12.1 DVD <frown>

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding