Re: [opensuse] 12.2 browser plugins
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 06:13:44PM -0400, Dennis Gallien wrote:
I'm (trying to) wrap up my 12.2 upgrade, have a couple quick questions for
which I didn't find clear/consistent info via google . . .

1. Browser multi-media browser plugin (FF & Chrome). I've seen recommended
gecko-mediaplayer (which actually uses mplayer?) and xine-browser-plugin
(excluding totem, I use KDE). And what does the PackageKit-browser-plugin
do?
(I'm still using the 11.4 vlc plugin which has been great, but can't find a
12.2 update for it.)

2. I see that IcedTea is now installed by default. Is it solid enough now,
or do I need to install the official Java software/plugin as in the past?

These days it is better NOT to install any java plugin actually, seeing as
Java has had remote exploits for the current whole year :/

Ciao, Marcus