[opensuse] 12.2 browser plugins
  • From: Dennis Gallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:13:44 -0400
I'm (trying to) wrap up my 12.2 upgrade, have a couple quick questions for
which I didn't find clear/consistent info via google . . .

1. Browser multi-media browser plugin (FF & Chrome). I've seen recommended
gecko-mediaplayer (which actually uses mplayer?) and xine-browser-plugin
(excluding totem, I use KDE). And what does the PackageKit-browser-plugin do?
(I'm still using the 11.4 vlc plugin which has been great, but can't find a
12.2 update for it.)

2. I see that IcedTea is now installed by default. Is it solid enough now,
or do I need to install the official Java software/plugin as in the past?

Thx in advance.

Dennis Gallion