[opensuse] update on12.2 went wrong
Hi all,

I had to reinstall one of my systems, as it didn't get up any more.
After reinstalling from dvd, i powered cycled to test grub.

Then powered down, reconnected data-didks, and powered up again.
Did an online update, i presume there were kernel packages, as yast
wouldn't let me activate nfs-server: it complained i had to reboot
again.

So i did, and got no further then just: "grub" ;-(
Unfortunately, the dvd does not contain the "repair" option,
which might be handy with the new grub2.

Disconnecting the data-drives and reboot doesn't help either.

After restarting in "rescue-mode" from the dvd, it looks like the fs is
ok, after mounting it manually i caninspect parts
like /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

Question remains why it went wrong after the update?

The manual just says:
""Bootloader Configuration after a Kernel Update

Every time a new kernel is installed, the perl bootloader writes a new
bootloader configuration file using the defaults specified
in /etc/sysconfig/bootloader. If you are using a customized set of
kernel parameters, make sure to adjust the relevant defaults
in /etc/sysconfig/bootloader according to your needs.
""

But i requested nothing fancy from grub2, just let yast2 do the
installation.

Any suggestions (to repair and to avoid it the next time) are welcome...

Hans