Re: [opensuse] OT: BOYCOTT DELL
* Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx> [10-14-12 22:37]:
End of rant and informational - because - some of you just don't get the point.

On 10/14/2012 08:11 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 14:35 -0500, Duaine Hechler wrote:

I PURCHASED AN INSPIRON 910 OFF OF EBAY - WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE PREVIOUS
OWNER.

DELL HAS - 6 TIMES - REFUSED TO HELP ME ANSWER A - SHOULD BE - COMMON KNOWLEDGE
QUESTION.

HOW DO I TURN ON THE FUNCTION KEYS (F1-F10) WITHIN WINDOWS XP.

WTF has this got to do with Linux - let alone opensuse...

I HAVE GOTTEN HUNG UP ON 3 TIMES.

AND UNTIL I CAN GET THE ORIGINAL OWNERS' INFO (NAME, ADDRESS, ETC) TO TRANSFER
THE OWNERSHIP IN MY NAME - THEY ARE -
PLAIN - OUT - REFUSING - TO TALK TO ME.

Perfectly reasonable, why should a business support someone they have no
contract with to help, someone has to pay for THEIR time, they are a
business, not a charity.

Duaine Hechler

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ

Perhaps more consideration will be taken in the future.
I just tired of getting into arguments on this list when an argument was not
intended or warranted.

And to try to be rational, I was merely expressing that unless a Dell product is "registered" in the "proper" owners name, you will get absolutely no help from them. And if you have no idea of the previous owner, you are screwed again. Even though, the question and answer is "not" owner specific and should be part of some sort of help area on their website.

Duaine