Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to roll-back or undo an entire upgrade?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:13:44 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

On 10/07/2012 08:12 PM, Cristian Rodríguez pecked at the keyboard and
wrote:
El 07/10/12 04:25, Per Jessen escribió:
I've recently upgraded a laptop from 11.4 to 12.2 - the upgrade
went
very well, no issues at all. However, the machine is clearly not
"big" enough to run 12.2+KDE, and the user is now complaining about
it being
slow and difficult to work with. I could always re-install 11.4,
but I thought I'd ask about the possibility of doing a downgrade?

Atm, it is not possible, it may be possible in the future using BTFS
snapshots though.

Before throwing all away try changing the main repos
(oss,non-oss,update) to the 11.4 equivalents and disable all others.
Then try using zypper dup after a ref. If it doesn't work you will
not have lost anything but a little time.

Thanks, it's worth a try.

Okay, I tried it - initially it looked good, but then glibc got
downgraded to 2.11.3, and things started falling over (message copied
by hand):

installation of <something> failed, Error: subprocess failed. Error RPM
failed: rpm: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.15 not found (required
by /usr/lib/librpm.so.2).

I aborted the downgraded at this point, so now the system is presumably
in some largely unknown state. I'll install 11.4 and see how that
looks.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.7°C)