Re: [opensuse] Not connected to D-Bus server in 12.2
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 03:28:02AM -0400, j.e.perry@xxxxxxx wrote:
So I've created the mbr (ref. my message last week), and the WinXP.vmdk for
my xp installation under VirtualBox. Now I try to create the virtual
machine, and when I try to navigate to the .vmdk, the file select dialog
window refuses, saying "Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: Not
connected to D-Bus server."

I had the idea from eavesdropping on you Real Experts that the whole system
depended upon D-Bus. Clearly I don't understand something, but the immediate
problem, of course, is to get the virtual machine manager working again. I
tried rebooting, but that didn't change anything. I'm using VB4.2 directly
from Oracle, since they claim to have a functioning suse rpm. Might that be
a problem?

VirtualBox was a bit regressed by the current dbus-1 security update.

We are preparing a follow up dbus-1 update.

Ciao, Marcus