Re: [opensuse] changing the something or other identity
On 08/10/12 09:58, George Olson wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have an easy question (I hope). When I open up a konsole, the prompt
looks like this:

george@linux-ix5h:~>

It used to look like this before I upgraded:

george@linux-aw90:~>

I missed the section during the install of where you assigned the name
thing of your computer, so my installation program automatically picked
"linux-ix5h", which is fine. I have no objection to it doing so.

The problem, though, is, how do I change it now? I think it would be
nice to change it to something that looks a little less random.

It's the machine's hostname... you can change it in the yast network settings (hostname/dns tab)

I went into yast and user maintenance, but I could only find where to
change the "george" part, not the "linux-ix5h".

By the way, what do you call that part anyway, the part that is after
the @ symbol?