Re: [opensuse] rsyslog truncates messages after recent update [WAS: rsyslog drops thousands of messages]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 08:50:56 +0200
Mark Goldstein wrote:

Hi,

I tired the same logger command Carlos specified in bugzilla on both
12.1 (with sysvinit) and 12.2 with systemd. In both cases the full
text has been added to /var/log/messages, no truncation observed
Both systems have rsyslog 5.10.0 and are clean installs with no
tweaking of syslog parameters (only local logging).

I also tried the same logger command on 12.2 with rsyslog 5.8.11 -
worked fine, no truncation. Then I upgraded to 5.10.0, and tried
again - also no truncation.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.9°C)