[opensuse] What's going on with firewall rules in 12.1?!?
Using 12.1.

I want to add two, simple, basic firewall rules to deal with an ISP
proxy injecting javascript into every web page fetched.

I tried doing the usual and customary "service iptables save" after
inserting the rules manually which returned the error "service
iptables does not exist" or whatever.

Looking further, I find that rc.iptables has been removed and
substituted with some bizarre sysconfig abstraction that apparently
creates firewall rules from scratch from a legion of files every time
the system starts. And apparently, the way this thing is set up, I
cannot do a simple append to this conglomeration of sundry files to
get the rules I require. Further, Yast is completely useless for this
purpose.

As a bonus this nyoo thang, or whatever it is, is undocumented.

Why do we have to do things the hard way? What is the rationale behind
making firewall setup more difficult?

And *WHERE* is the documentation?

--
jd