Re: [opensuse] 'systemctl start fail2ban.service' fails but process running with a different PID
* General Mail <general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-02-12 09:09]:
/var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sock
root 3428 0.0 0.0 25728 852 pts/1 S+ 09:07 0:00 grep
--color=auto fail2ban

Weird. I wanted to ask the community if this is a common behavior before I
submit a bug ticket. Thank you.

iianm, fail2ban is not starting because it thinks there is another
instance, fail2ban.sock. Either delete the socket first or:
fail2ban-client start -x

Nevertheless the init script should be able to take care of that by
itself. If that is not the case I would say needs a ticket.

Togan