Re: [opensuse] sound problem after reboot
On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:08:07 Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
After every reboot I end up with all sound volumes reset to zero.
Can be solved by using yast but this setting does not remain after a
reboot. So I would like to find out where I could remove the resetting of
the sound volume or which file I could edit to fix the volume settings.

I have this problem since 11.4 and have never been able to find the
culprit. This machine is updated since an original 12.0 so it may be a
left over from an older version.

Perhaps alsactl and alsamixer. Many years back I remember having
issues with sound defaults and I think I used one or other of these
to fix it (both have man pages).