Re: [opensuse] chkconfig and systemctl
On 9/28/2012 7:24 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-09-29 01:08, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

A native systemd unit is available here:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/gpm.git/tree/gpm.service

We need to add it to our packages...

copy it to /etc/systemd/system , then issue systemctl --system daemon-reload ,
systemctl
enable gpm.service , systemctl restart gpm.service

So, with systemD the administrator has lost the power to choose the runleves a
service runs?

For all that they keep saying "there is no such thing as runlevels any more" there are a close equivalent, they are just called something else, but they define desired sets of services. They just call them "targets" instead of "runlevels". You may think of both targets and runlevels as "profiles".

For all systemds problems, that's not one. You can define an infinite number of targets vs just a few runlevels. I don't personally have any need for more than a few "profiles" (off, on, single-user, single-user-network, multi-user-network-quiescent-root-only) but I'm all for arbitrary flexibility for it's own sake. If infinite profiles are possible, maybe someone somewhere would discover a killer use for that possibility.

--
bkw