Re: [opensuse] Router firewall vs openSUSE firewall
On 28/08/12 15:22, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Dienstag, 28. August 2012, 11:29:45 schrieb Bob Williams:
I'm also running a minidlna server linked through the router to my
Blueray player. When I disable the openSUSE firewall, I can browse the
directories on my computer from the TV and view/play media files. If I
enable the openSUSE firewall, the server is not seen.

Maybe igmp is missing in your firewall config. See the first section of
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Synology_NAS on how to set it up.

Sven

I added igmp as an IP protocol under the Advanced button, but
unfortunately it didn't open the firewall for minidlna.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Bob
--
Bob Williams