Re: [opensuse] Router firewall vs openSUSE firewall
Bob Williams wrote:
Some time ago I looked at /var/log/messages and was amazed to see
someone was running a script to try and get through port 22. Of course,
sshd rejected every attempt, but it prompted me to move ssh to a
different port.

Changing port numbers doesn't buy you a lot of security. On the other hand, using public/private keys provides much more security than passwords. Access to my network is via ssh or vpn only. so those are the only things I have to allow through my firewall.