Re: [opensuse] connecting my telephone to the internet
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:56:33 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-08-23 20:45, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Making calls to somebody else registered on another server? Normally
any sane asterisk will refuse an incoming call from another asterisk
that is unknown.

No it won't - it would never receive any external calls if it did.
Any SIP-client can call me at sip://per@xxxxxxxxx without my asterisk
server knowing about where it comes from other than it's IP-address.

I thought that was considered a security risk.

Without direct and reverse DNS check, at least?

Yes, I expect Asterisk does that, but mostly for display reasons.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.6°C)