[opensuse] Substitutes for Akonadi programs
Hi

I find it hard to accept having an instance of mysql sucking all memory from my system just to handle mail and the like. It's the worst shit database possible to choose. It would be another matter if there was a personal choice of database, as I already use PostgreSQL heavily.

So, what substitutes for the following programs are acceptable -

- Kmail (Well, Thunderbird)
- Akgregator
- Konversation
- Kopete

Not sure I have anything else using Akonadi. I gather that I perhaps also lose some calendar and event handling, which I don't use atm.

By "acceptable" I mean not too clumsy user interface (gtk programs are off to a bad start), reasonably new and maintained, etc.