Re: [opensuse] How can I make Yast happy when JRE is installed?
On 22/08/12 09:22, Lars Müller wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 01:18:21AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

As we know, openSUSE no longer provides updates for Java from Sun. We can
install the JRE rpm from
them, and remove the java-1_6 rpm, because JRE is an update of that one -
but yast does not
recognizes it as an update, and wants to install icetea-web. I had to taboo
it. Then yast insisted
and tried to install java-1_6_0_opnjdk. Again I said no and tabooed it. Then
Yast insisted and
wanted to install gcc-ijj - more or less in that order. I also tabooed it.

Then YaST got mad at me and wanted to remove openoffice, and I told it to
&&%%·$ itself and break
dependencies.

Is there some other way to make yast happy and recognize that Java IS indeed
installed in the
system? Perhaps a false java rpm with false provides?

Do we need a bugzilla for this?

Yes. As not all package maintainers follow this list.

Please file one and be this nice to report the issue ID as a clickable
URL back to this thread.
Just a suggestion: instead of an empty "placeholder" package, why not a
script that would download the JRE or JDK from Oracle, like its done for
MS TTF with "fetchmsttfonts" ?

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*