Re: [opensuse] NFS root access
On 21/08/12 11:03, Dave Howorth wrote:
lynn wrote:
I need the root user to be able to write to the share.

Very bad idea.

I have a ssh workaround where I access the server instead of mounting the share

Better idea.

Google for the whys and wherefores and consider changing your system
design instead of opening a root hole.

Hi Dave

Are you saying that the second idea is better than the first or that using google is a better idea?

OK. Give us a clue. I need to be able to create home directories for new users. On all the systems I've come across, only root has been able to do that. Please point me in the right direction. I should add that Kerberos is in the mix too which makes things pretty impenetrable I think.
Thanks,
L x