[opensuse] 12.1 Install DVD fails to boot on a Dell Latitude
I am trying to upgrade from 11.3 to 12.1 on a machine with very
limited network access, so I cannot use any of the network
installation options. I downloaded and burned 12.1 Install DVD, and
verified that the iso checksum and the media are correct.

When I try to run the installation, I see the boot screen, choose
"installation", it starts loading the kernel. The load process goes to
100%, then the screen briefly turns black, some message is printed
out, but I cannot catch it, because the laptop immediately reboots
itself.

I tried "safe mode" and "text mode", but that does not help, either.

The live ISO boots just fine; but it does not have an upgrade option.
Is there a way to figure out the difference between the live ISO and
the Install DVD, so that I can hopefully figure out how to boot?

Thanks,

Myrosia

P.S. My alternative is, of course, to just install from scratch using
the live ISO. But it would be nice to be able to do it without losing
the package configuration, which would be a pain to restore.