Re: [opensuse] Font size when viewing messages in Thunderbird
On 17/08/12 04:01, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 17/08/12 04:55, Bob Williams wrote:
Most of the messages I read in Thunderbird are displayed in the font and
size that I want, but some are displayed in a smaller font size. In
particular, messages from Basil Chupin and Billie Walsh are displayed
smaller.

I am using Thunderbird 14.0 on KDE 4.9 on openSUSE 12.1. I notice that
Basil is also using Thunderbird 14.0, but so is Carlos Robinson and his
messages display correctly (from my POV).

Is this something I can adjust at my end or is it set in the sending
User-Agent? I prefer to read all messages in the same font size, as it
is less tiring.

Just for the record, I am using Thunderbird 17.0a1 :-) . Also, I am
using UTF-8 character set while most people still use the
Western-whatever char. set - if you find some weirdo characters in posts
then you get bet your life that this is caused by this difference in
char. sets.

But to get all messages to display the same way (ignoring the UTF vs
Western part) is to deselect in Preferences>Display>Fonts the option to
allow messages to display in their preferred fonts - ie, they will be
displayed in the fonts you have chosen to be used in TB.

BC

I'd already done that, but it didn't have the expected effect. The
solution was the one suggested by Karl Ove Hufthammer.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop