Re: [opensuse] Font size when viewing messages in Thunderbird
On 16/08/12 20:52, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012/08/16 19:55 (GMT+0100) Bob Williams composed:

Most of the messages I read in Thunderbird are displayed in the font and
size that I want, but some are displayed in a smaller font size. In
particular, messages from Basil Chupin and Billie Walsh are displayed
smaller.

I am using Thunderbird 14.0 on KDE 4.9 on openSUSE 12.1. I notice that
Basil is also using Thunderbird 14.0, but so is Carlos Robinson and his
messages display correctly (from my POV).

Is this something I can adjust at my end or is it set in the sending
User-Agent? I prefer to read all messages in the same font size, as it
is less tiring.

Unrelated (I think) to the issue of HTML addressed already:

I can't be sure since I use SeaMonkey rather than Thunderbird, and their
font preferences may differ, but I'd focus on your font settings more
closely, particularly, Content-Type. Billie's is windows-1252 8-bit.
Basil's is also 8-bit, while yours is 7-bit. IOW, if your preference is
only set for your default content-type, which differs from those used by
the emails you read, you probably should expect differences unless you
set all possible types you might encounter to match your default.
Looking at what follows I'd more likely expect a difference from
Billie's than from Basil's, and none from Carlos'.

[snipped]

Actually, setting the font sizes to be the same for Western, User
Defined and Other Languages within Thunderbird did the trick. Thanks, Karl.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop