Re: [opensuse] Font size when viewing messages in Thunderbird
to. den 16. 08. 2012 klokka 21.41 (+0200) skreiv Wolfgang Rosenauer:
I also have observed that some messages have bigger fonts and some
smaller, but I don't know why. With plain text there should be no
difference.

Fonts and font sizes are set per character set.
Check the advanced options behind the font setting. There might be
different settings for "Western" and "Other" for example which
translates to ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8.

That’s right. For all messages to use the same fonts and fonts sizes,
you have to have the same settings for both ‘Western’, ‘Other Languages’
and ‘User Defined’. The same is true for Firefox, BTW. It’s a very
annoying and confusing (mis)feature.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
http://huftis.org/