Re: [opensuse] Separate /usr?
Hello,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, David C. Rankin wrote:
However, instead of embracing FHS, the opensource community created libtool,
automake, etc...

Whooopsie there, David, autotools and libtool are quite a bit older
than the FHS! The FHS is for linux, autotools and libtool are for
linux, basically all unices still out there (including Darwin), Win,
and a bunch of othere OSes I've never heard of ;)

And yes: I did once unpack the wget-tarball on winders with a cygwin
bash (IIRC) and M$ compilers etc. ./configure, (n?)make and just put
the wget.exe somewhere in %PATH%.

-dnh

--
A common mistake that people make, when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.