Re: [opensuse] Where can I get instructions for compiling VirtualBox?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:48:18 +0200
j.e.perry@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've been trying out Virtualbox under Windows, and it works very well
(I have one of those stupid uninstallable xp "recovery" packages on my
old laptop). I now have a nice new 64-bit desktop system with Intel
vt-x and vt-d, but my installable xp package is only 32-bit, and won't
allow me to install a 64-bit guest. I'd like to install xp under my
64-bit suse environment, but suse is stuck at VB 4.1.4, and VB is up
to 4.1.18. The download site has 4.1.18 for OS 11.4, but I'm at 12.1.
I downloaded the VB 4.1.18 bz2 package, but I can't find any
instructions for installing from source, and they use something called
"kmake", still without any instructions that I can find.

To answer $SUBJ :

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

"After getting the sources in one of the ways listed above, you should
have a look at the build instructions."

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Build_instructions

Roughly:

./configure