Re: [Summary/Solved] Re: [opensuse] Partition Recovery? Is it even missing to begin with or just shifted?
On 08/13/2012 10:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Do I wipe out the offending data in sda1 to remove the partition boundary
and
then reboot to correct the partition order? Something along the lines of:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 skip=28 count=3

(just to catch either side of the sector 29 problem?)

How is the correct way to handle this if I want to preserve the linux
install?
Or, is that just not worth it, so I should just fdisk -l /dev/sda and then
d,d,d,d,d?

Well, a follow-on question,

I delete sda1 in fdisk and linux continues to boot fine, but the partitions
are still:

sda2
sda3
sda5
sda6
sda7

What is the best way to rename sda2->sda2, sda3->sda2? (or does it even matter
to the windows reinstall?) still booting from the first primary, even though it
is sda2??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.