Re: [opensuse] Mouse over flash area causes FF to crash
Am 11.08.2012 12:05, schrieb Robert Schweikert:
When I move the mouse over an area on a web page that's a flash
animation FF crashes.

I have HW acceleration in the flash-settings disabled.

openSUSE 12.1 x86_64
nouveau -- Gallium 0.4 on NV84 -- 2.1 Mesa 7.11
FF: 14.0.1
flash-player-11.2.202.236-24.1.x86_64

Timing of this happening is a bit unfortunate as I had to re-install my
system disk and thus this is a brand new install and I cannot say
whether or not there was a recent FF, flash, or nouveau update. I know
that prior to my systemdisk issue I did not observe this problem.

- Anyone else seeing this issue?
- Any settings I can apply to nouveau, FF, or flash?

I don't really want to switch to chrome, but at this point FF crashes
all the time as it is almost impossible to navigate any web page without
moving the mouse over some stupid embedded flash region.

Just to be sure:
Is libproxy1-pacrunner-mozjs installed on your system? If so, please
remove it and most likely enjoy a non-crashing Firefox.

If not, it's harder to guess so I'm wondering when Firefox has a crash
reporter, it's not used or at least the created references are not posted?

Wolfgang