Re: [opensuse] Separate /usr?
  • From: Robin Klitscher <robin.klitscher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:27:51 +1200
On 10/08/12 19:58, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 08/10/2012 07:07 AM, Robin Klitscher wrote:
On 10/08/12 16:11, Rodney Baker wrote:

Robin, openSUSE will continue to support a /usr. So, there should not be
a problem...

Robin, read my replies and those of others: This was an educational
exercise. Enough of that from my side, I've got some answers ;)

Andreas, I assure you that I have read the replies - every one - and
with great interest. And yes, it has been greatly educational.

If I misinterpreted your earlier remark, I apologise. But in saying
this: "On the other hand, going forward I suggest to not setup a
separate /usr anymore, there's no benefit in it." you seemed at least to
be signalling an uncertain future for /usr as a separate partition.
And, having read the draft FHS mentioned by Rodney, I thought I could
see reasons why the option of a /usr separate from / could have benefits
despite what you had said. But perhaps I'd taken you too literally the
first time around .....

All of which goes to show, I suppose, that there's no such thing as a
single answer for all occasions!

Regards,

Robin K
Wellington "Harbour City"