[opensuse] Separate /usr?
  • From: Robin Klitscher <robin.klitscher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 23:54:47 +1200
For many years I've been running successive versions of openSUSE with a
/usr partition separate from the root partition /. But I see that the
Fedora manuals insist that the practice of separating these two
filesystems can lead to dire results. I note, too, that there was a
problem with this in the early drops oS 12.2

Is there a problem here, or a potential problem, in openSUSE? Or can I
continue to separate these two filesystems with confidence?

--
Robin K
Wellington "Harbour City"