Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird - losing email (archive stops 2010, inbox empty before 5/2011)
On 08/02/2012 12:12 AM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi David,

I don't know what to make of it. I maintain my archive folders manually
and never keep them on the local machine since I read from multiple
locations.

But! A couple of weeks ago someone I know lost a block of mail
using Thunderbird. She was storing messages in a local folder from
a large remote imap server when something went wrong. She was left
with a local folder containing many identical message headers with
empty message bodies. The mail had been deleted on the imap server
and the mail was lost locally somehow. She never did find it. We don't
have shell access to the server in this case.

I'll talk with her tomorrow to see if I can nail down more closely exactly
what she did and what happened. It would be great if we could set up
a test account to see if this is repeatable.

Regards,
Lew

That sounds eerily familiar. I still have no answers. The only guess is the
update from 3->5 and then downgrade from 5->3 in roughly the same timeframe. Let
me know if you find anything else.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.