Re: [opensuse] libre office crash at start
2012. augusztus 6. 23:28 napon Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx> írta:

Hello:

I have openSUSE 12.1 64 bit with KDE 3.5.10.
When I installed the system I chose libreoffice 3.5 from
LO repo. It worked but as I did not like some change of
the user interface (namely that the page margins are not visible)
I decided to go back to LO 3.4. I have downgraded to LO 3.4
from oS 12.1 update repo (most packages are version 4.3.5.5-4.5.1).
Now when I try to start LO it crashes:

~> oowriter
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
KCrash: Application 'soffice.bin' crashing...

I also removed ~/.libreoffice and ~/.config dirs.
Did not change anything.
Tested loffice in new user setup with TWM window manager to
exclude KDE3 issue. No change.
I can't run loffice as root either.
All gave the same error message:

~> loffice
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

The "KCrash: Application 'soffice.bin' crashing..." error message disappeared
after I had removed libreoffice-kde package.

I also have manual sun java installation (as described at the
openSUSE SDB site) in /usr/local.

Can it cause the problem?
Would be really necessary to fix this.

Istvan