Re: [opensuse] Re: Thunderbird - losing email (archive stops 2010, inbox empty before 5/2011)
Am 05.08.2012 14:44, schrieb Per Jessen:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Am 05.08.2012 14:34, schrieb Per Jessen:
And my Dovecot having an FTS index it's also pretty fast but
honestly I'm sure that FTS indexes in public IMAP services is not
widespread at all.

I'm not sure public IMAP services are widespread either :-)

Probably wrong words. Public was not meant as free. But I was talking
about IMAP services you get with your Internet account, hosting
package and so on.

I would certainly expect an IMAP server for paying(=hosted) customers to
include full-text indexing. I would be pleasantly surprised if the
IMAP server from my access provider also had it.

Ok, I have some experience with big mail providers and let me tell you
that most have no full text index.

Wolfgang