Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird - losing email (archive stops 2010, inbox empty before 5/2011)

On 08/01/2012 06:24 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The emails were stored in thunderbird own storage, or in dovecot's imap
folders? In the
second case, verify with another MUA. In the first case, browse the files
with midnight
commander.

Carlos,

I think I'm hosed. The emails are stored in dovecot. The last archived message
in the 'archive' file is 12/12/10, the file date on the file is 5/18/11, eg:

19:08 phoenix:~/Mail> tail -n50 archive

Repository 'Main Update Repository' is invalid.
File /repodata/repomd.xml not found on media:
http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/
Please, check if the URLs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid
repository.
Disabling repository 'Main Update Repository' because of the above error.
Repository 'VideoLan Repository' is invalid.
File /repodata/repomd.xml not found on media:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/10.3/
Please, check if the URLs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid
repository.
Disabling repository 'VideoLan Repository' because of the above error.
* Reading installed packages [100%]

Nothing to do.

- From ---- Sun Dec 12 05:13:12 2010
Repository 'Main Update Repository' is invalid.
File /repodata/repomd.xml not found on media:
http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/
Please, check if the URLs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid
repository.
Disabling repository 'Main Update Repository' because of the above error.
Repository 'VideoLan Repository' is invalid.
File /repodata/repomd.xml not found on media:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/10.3/
Please, check if the URLs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid
repository.
Disabling repository 'VideoLan Repository' because of the above error.
* Reading installed packages [100%]

Nothing to do.

The first message in /var/spool/mail is from May 31, 2011, so the messages
between 12/10/10 and 5/31/11 are completely missing. That makes no sense. They
were there, now they are just gone. I am suspicious that our rapid version race
may have introduced a bug between ver. 3 and 14 that is quietly being swept
under the rug...

- --
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.