Re: [opensuse] Total Directory Size - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories
On 08/01/2012 04:55 PM, Vickreman Chettiar wrote:
Hi.

I am new to this mailing-list.

I am considering having a private mirror of the entire /repositories
directory from download.opensuse.org; and I need to know - what is the
total size (i.e. including all files for all architectures) of the
/repositories directory?

Thank you to everyone on the mailing-list.

Vickreman Chettiar - vickreman@xxxxxxxxx

If you try mirroring this, I think you will find it something like 20G per
release. IIRC it was about 8G for a total mirror of the repos in the SuSE 10
days, and I think I checked once in the 11.2 timeframe and it had ballooned to
over 30G. So it is considerable storage. A better solution is to set up a local
repository by setting 'keeppackages=1' in each of your zypper repository
definitions and then create a local repository from the rpms you actually use on
a local server with 'create-repo'.

I have a very old page that outlines how to do this. It is out of date, but the
basic concept is the same. (I think this was done in the 11.0 timeframe)

http://www.3111skyline.com/linux/openSuSE-LocalUpdate.php

(the scripts provided will need updating as well -- you have been warned)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.