Re: [opensuse] Bash terminal window misbehavior.
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:43:39 +0200
Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2012, 22:14:24 schrieb Rajko:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 05:26:06 -0700
Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The list really needs moderation

Well, not possible at the moment, but just a thicker skin, ie. ability
to ignore interactions that you don't find useful, will help with or
without moderators :)

It's true nevertheless that a good posting style is helpful and ignoring that
fact consciously pretty lame – to put it nicely.

It's true that telling people they can improve their style does not help for
criticism-resistant beings who do not care about others. Hence the list should
get some AI, warn them once and kick them if they continue to spam the list
with full quotes etc. If it becomes automatic nobody can take it personal or
claim that people just give hints regarding quoting style because they run out
of arguments or anything alike. It's not about being a quote-nazi but simply
about everybody doing its best to increase the readability.

Maybe I'm doing those people wrong and there is really a decease that prevents
people from being able to trim text. My bad!

http://learn.to/quote/

Sven