Re: [opensuse] What the reason behind the Mozilla "version race"?
On 2012/07/22 17:36 (GMT-0700) John Andersen composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Last year Mozilla changed the extension architecture to reduce the likelihood
> of add-ons becoming unusable when the version increments,

I'm aware of that. A total failure if you ask me. Mainstream plugins seem to
crap out
with every release. EVERY tiny little point release.
How is it that such little steps break the API or hooks that the plug ins
require every single time?

These aren't fringe plugins I'm talking about.

I thought I made it clear that the benefit of Mozilla's improvements depends on the extension writers actually incorporating the new compatibility features. Complaining about broken extensions here, other than any that are openSUSE-specific, is a futility exercise. Rapid release isn't going away, and I doubt many extension writers read this list.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/