Re: [opensuse] yast access restrictions
On 22/07/12 13:53, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-07-22 12:58, lynn wrote:
Hi In windows I can create a GPO which restricts access to an OU e.g. specific
areas of
the control panel. Do we have anything like this in openSUSE?

Hah! None like that. We have file permissions and acls. You can find out the
modules you want
to restrict, give access to a certain group, and perhaps suid it.

I was thinking of creating an OU that had restricted access. I can see in Ubuntu they have no real option. But We have Yast so probably have a way of delegating responsibility away from the admin.

User x has access only to NFS server
User y has access only to /etc/sysconfig

In m$ I can do it in a few clicks. Any fedora 389 experts here? Can it do that?

Cheers,
Steve