[opensuse] Buggy thunderbird 13?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:00:42 +0200 (CEST)

With this "versionitis" of thunderbird, the program is in fact worse than ever.

For example, twice I had the mouse pointer converted to a miniature page that I assume I have to drop at some folder for the operation to complete.

But I can not drop the page anywhere! ESC does not work, and I retain that useless mouse pointer even if I go to an xterm. Clicking anywhere in the desktop does not work, not even outside Th. I have to alt-tab to an xterm, get the PID and kill thunderbird, using the keyboard, the mouse is dead till I kill Th.

Another problem.

Eventually, when syncing for off-network usage, it says that some operation did not complete because some folder is busy doing something else. I have to click ok and continue. This message is new. What on earth do I care the problems it finds? I want it to shut up and do its job as it always did. It doesn't even say what folder is busy and doing what and ordered by whom, so that I have a chance of killing that operation.

Anybody else has seen this?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.