Re: [opensuse] What the reason behind the Mozilla "version race"?
El 20/07/12 12:38, David C. Rankin escribió:
Guys, Lew,

Does anybody have any understanding about why Mozilla sees fit to race
forward with version numbers on what seems like an every other month
pace? We enjoyed firefox/tbird version 2.x-3.x for what seems like
years, yet we have raced from 3.x - 14.x in the blink of an eye.

Anybody know why? I understand how version numbers work, major/minor
milestones, build numbers, etc.., but I'm just curious if anyone has the
scoop on why we've jumped from 3-14 in such a short period of time -
relatively speaking.

Version numbers are meaningless on the current state of affairs in
software development. they are no more than marketing tool now.

This is not exclusive to FF/chrome though.