Re: [opensuse] Open SuSE 11.4
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:30:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2012-07-18 at 19:39 -0700, Carl Spitzer wrote:

at the login screen in the lower left corner there are two items:
"Secession Type" and "Menu" and no mention on www.opensuse.com
how to edit the first one. I have both kde4.x and the better KDE 3.5.10
and wish to add my choice to the Secession Type menu.

I found nothing on the web either on this.

Where do I find this item and edit it??

I assume you mean session, not secession. :-?

You do not edit it, it is an automatic list. A session type appears listed when certain packages are installed and the system believes that the desktop type is complete. No, I do not know what those packages are, but installing the pattern of the desktop type you want is enough.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)