Re: [opensuse] oS 12.1 firewall problem, internal zone
2012. július 15. 14:40 napon Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx> írta:

Hello:

Now I have samba server (smbd + nmbd) running, I have a problem
with firewall.
I configured the firewall in YaST: added the string
'vboxnet0' to the internal zone which is not protected by the
firewall.

When I try to connect to samba-shares the connection is
inhibited. If I temporarily turn off firewall in YaST,
the connection can be made immediately.
I expected the firewall not to block the inernal zone.
This setup worked in openSUSE 11.2.

I found that if I restart the firewall in yast manually,
or run as root any of these
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_init restart/reload
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_setup restart/reload

my samba shares become accessible immediately.

It seems that the initial firewall configuration
is not correct and reloading/restarting the service
fixes it. I guess this is a bug.

How can I test the firewall?
Is there a command line tool which can test different
port and different zones in the firewall?

Thanks,

Istvan