Re: [opensuse] Reiserfs (was ext4 vs btrfs)
On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 03:36 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-07-13 03:07, Duaine Hechler wrote:

Well, I know it's a little passe, but I've been using reiserfs for
about 4 years and love it. The recovery is great ! And I've never had
it totally go belly up on me !

+1

But I had it gone belly up on me. And ext3, and xfs... all of them.
It is shame reiserfs is doomed, though.

Ok,

last couple of years i found out that i didn't make backup's in vain.
Both reiser, ext2, ext3, ext4 and xfs got beyond repairing (or would
take too much time to do it).
So i'll guess btrfs will be no exception to the rule.

However, i've heard quite some impressive talks from SuSE representative
to dismiss btrfs as too dangerous. If it is still "experimental" those
guys wouldn't dare to include it into sles11sp2....

So as reiser gets end-of-life (no not hans reiser ;-) one starts to loke
around. Specially when doing a re-installation.

I mean, some vague talks** at FOSDEM or so is one thing, but guys from
Nurnberg talking to customers with support contracts is quite something
else, not?

So the original question was not _if_ one should choose btrfs, but in
which case which filesystem should be used, knowing that each has its
own flaws...

** i lost track of how many time i heard that AFS was almost finished..