Re: [opensuse] 11.3 and Hard drives
On 2012/07/13 15:55 (GMT-0400) Chuck Payne composed:

I have update my production server to 11.3, I am planing to get to
12.1 by the end of next month. I am seeing one issue that I didn't
have in 11.1 or 11.2, I have drives that just go away, I am wondering
if anyone see this in 11.3. Because it's a bit of a pain. I thought I
had two bad drives and replace them, only to have the new drives do
the same things.

This is the error message I am seeing...

Those messages have no significant meaning to me. However, I do have
suggestions:

1-report back what kernel is doing this
2-report back lspci output (IOW, what chipset and thus driver is in use)
3-ask on opensuse-kernel mailing list, where a focused supply of kernel expertise reads
4-boot a live DVD or CD, and see if its newer kernel does the same thing
5-add a newer kernel from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard/ for same reason

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/